At Carney Hospital, our goal is to provide exceptional, rapid care to identify your medical needs and respond with the highest levels of care in the greater Boston area. Carney Hospital’s Emergency Department is staffed by board-certified emergency physicians, and specially trained nursing and support staff.
The emergency department is located on the ground floor of the hospital with an entrance on Dorchester Avenue. We pride ourselves in a spacious waiting room that you will not spend much time in.
The services offered by Carney Hospital’s Emergency Department include:
- Pediatric, adult, OB-GYN and psychiatric emergency medical services
- In-house consultants for all medical and surgical specialties
- Immediate access to critical hospital services such as diagnostics and imaging, allowing for expedited evaluation and treatment
- Coordinated care throughout the spectrum of medical specialties resulting in comprehensive medical care
- Patient-centered care that honors privacy, and the patient's and family’s right to participate in care
- Expedited triage, bedside registration and 16 treatment rooms
- Reduced wait time
A current expansion of the hospital’s Emergency Department is scheduled for completion in early 2016, and will increase our ability to provide quality, timely emergency care.