Carney Hospital in Dorchester, Massachusetts, has proudly served the City of Boston and neighboring communities since 1863.
The 159-bed acute care hospital has more than 300 physicians and delivers quality care to approximately 37,000 patients annually. An affiliate of the Tufts University School of Medicine, Carney Hospital is a teaching hospital that has trained physicians from across the country and around the world since 1920.
Carney Hospital provides Boston, Quincy and surrounding communities with convenient, local access to quality primary care, emergency medicine and a range of specialties and subspecialties, including critical care, family medicine, cardiology, neurology, oncology, orthopedics, ambulatory care, and adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatry.
Awards & Affiliations
- Top Hospital rating for quality and safety by The Leapfrog Group
- Grade "A" Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures – Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care
Affiliated entities include:
- Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care
- Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center
- Manet Community Health Centers
- Neponset Health Center – Harbor Health Services